Head of Finance
About Galton Voysey
Some stories just need to be told, not least our own. Galton Voysey was founded with one mission in mind – connecting the world’s hidden talent with discerning, quality conscious shoppers.
Galton Voysey is one of the fastest growing companies in Hong Kong with annual revenues of over US$30m and a track record of having generated profit every year since inception. Between building and acquiring brands across a wide range of product categories, we have become home to an iconic portfolio across a diverse range of consumer segments. Galton Voysey is at the forefront of ecommerce and digital marketing developments and is the largest purchaser of social media advertising within its product categories.
Our strengths lie in the people we work with. We are 26 specialists who sit at the center of a 400+ strong hand-picked network of entrepreneurs, craftsmen, designers, quality control specialists, logistics experts, regulatory advisors and marketing agencies.
Simply put, we are shaping the brands of the future. The true catalyst for our success however has been in building a culture that removes the restraints associated with typical corporate environments.
About the Position
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced finance professional to lead and grow our function through a phase of rapid business expansion across international markets. You will thrive in an agile and entrepreneurial culture that rewards innovation by helping to successfully steer the business through unprecedented growth.
Some examples of the tasks you will be responsible for include:
- Report directly to the CEO and Board of Directors
- Recruit and manage a growing team of finance & accounting professionals
- Contribute directly to the overall business strategy
- Optimize working capital to drive efficiency and returns
- Be Galton Voysey’s key point of contact with major financial institutions & advisers
- Responsible for global tax & compliance obligations
- Prepare Galton Voysey’s financial functions for an eventual IPO
- Oversee the reporting, forecasting and analysis of business performance, including identification of key trends
- Negotiate and manage all transfer pricing activity
- Drive finance-related business improvement projects
- Track product-level profitability as well as overseeing inventory management and analysis
- Track record of having successfully led and inspired a finance team
- Good understanding of complex business structures with multiple legal entities
- Ability and desire to overcome constant new challenges in a fast-paced, agile and rapidly-growing organisation
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of transfer pricing and international taxation
- Good knowledge of IFRS; experience of US GAAP an advantage
- Experience of undergoing an IPO process will be viewed favourably
- Solid command of English, which is the day-to-day working language
- Talented and driven co-workers who thrive in a collaborative atmosphere
- A meritocratic culture with a ‘best idea wins’ mentality
- Full support to develop as a professional through whatever training or resources available (courses, seminars, certification etc.)
- Free Mandarin tuition for all employees
- An opportunity to evolve your career across different functions
- Beautiful, contemporary office space in Lai Chi Kok
- 20 days’ paid vacation every year on top of national holidays