Production Control Manager
About Galton Voysey
Galton Voysey is a leading developer of Direct-to-Consumer Brands. We help exceptional founders develop their brands and sell their products leveraging the power of the Internet.
We believe that by helping founders cut out the middlemen and reach their core audience through e-commerce, we can bring value to both the brand as well as their customers.
By sitting at the center of a 400+ network of founders, entrepreneurs, craftsmen, designers, quality control specialists, logistics experts, regulatory advisors and marketing agencies, we are able to fully support founders in the development of their brands with the supply chain, design, logistics, marketing and e-commerce.
About the Position
Incredible opportunity and newly created role in charge of enforcing and maintaining quality standards for our most successful brand to date. You will be involved in every step of the production process and serve as a liaison between our creative and operations teams and those onsite at our manufacturing partners. You will always keep the end user in mind and ensure the optimisation and efficiency of all processes.
You will be working on a range of activities at Galton Voysey, including but not limited to:
- Lead and develop an effective supplier quality management function.
- Evaluate and formulate quality inspection standards, methods and procedures for new and existing products.
- Increase the speed and efficiency of processes without compromising quality.
- Verification of suppliers’ quality performance when required and at any stage of the process.
- Travel regularly to Japan for factory appraisals and audits.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Devise solutions to existing production problems.
- Maintain product and brand reputation through adherence to general legal and safety requirements and any regulations in particular to countries of destination.
- Degree qualified in Engineering / Mathematics / Science related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years’ production control and quality assurance working experience
- Solid experience of working with factories overseas
- Strong knowledge of US and global quality, legal and safety standards would be highly preferred
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Mandarin, Japanese would be a definite advantage
- Talented and driven co-workers who thrive in a collaborative atmosphere
- A meritocratic culture with a ‘best idea wins’ mentality
- Full support to develop as a professional through whatever training or resources available (courses, seminars, certification etc.)
- Free Mandarin & Cantonese tuition for all employees
- An opportunity to evolve your career across different functions
- Beautiful, contemporary office space
- 20 days’ paid vacation every year on top of national holidays