About Galton Voysey
Galton Voysey is a platform for building, buying and developing consumer product brands.
Currently we are home to 28 iconic brands that we have developed or acquired.
With a proven and tested network of over 140 factories, Galton Voysey builds and acquires brands across a broad range of consumer, lifestyle and home goods segments from Europe, US and all over the world.
Our success stems from the eight Galton Voysey key areas of operation working effectively together.
- Branding & our in-house marketing agency
- Quality control
- Legal, compliance & intellectual property protection
- Financing & brand acquisitions
- Sales & distribution
About the Position
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a dynamic and fast paced growth company, that sees you as an integral part of the business, not just another employee?
We are looking for a Business Controller to join and expand our finance team in Helsinki. Our aim is to find a smart person with the ability to not just deliver on the daily responsibilities, but also looks at his/her work with a critical mindset and constantly strives to discover new ways to further improve the work efficiency and processes.
Your key responsibilities will focus both, on financial accounting and business controlling. We are a young, growing company, ensuring you will have the opportunity to grow with the business and build processes from scratch. Our team is passionate about what we do, and works closely together to achieve the best possible results together.
The job is full-time and based at our office in Helsinki, Finland. Responsibilities include:
- Reporting and analyzing business performance
- Rolling forecasting
- Tracking product level profitability from manufacturing to advertising performance and sales
- Preparing financial reports and analyzing patterns
- Being in charge of inventory management and analysis
- Working with international taxation
- Communicating with service providers such as banks
- Fulfilling information and documentation requests
- Building the company's financial processes in project-based work
- Taking initiative to improve the business
- A proven interest in accounting and finance, with some years of relevant work experience
- Strong Excel skills for analyzing large data sets
- Problem-solving skills to deal with challenges you have never experienced before
- Ability to work independently but have also good teamwork skills
- Start-up mindset and ability to manage wide range of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Solid command of English, which is the working language
- In addition, we appreciate past experience in auditor, taxatation and/or accounting sector
We consider our culture to be our biggest benefit, with focus on things such as:
- We offer you the world market as your playground
- Work with, and be an individual, we are not just colleagues here
- A real chance to evolve your work domain, through proactive and innovative approach
- A collaborative, sharing and knowledgeable work community
- A true chance for career growth and progression within the company
- A central location in Helsinki, with opportunity for flexibility